The mission of Community Education is to create and support a nurturing educational environment through which children, families and other neighborhood residents will experience success.
1. To improve student academic achievement.
2. To integrate classroom and community learning experiences.
3. To provide life-long learning experiences.
4. To engage parents and community members in identifying needs, setting priorities and solving problems.
5. To coordinate and sponsor public and private sector activities and services that meet community identified needs for health, safety, social, cultural, vocational, recreational, governmental, or other services.
6. To stabilize and improve neighborhoods.